-
June 8th, 2007, 01:07 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
Ok, I got sent home early from work this last sunday night a half hour early because That morning I came down with the really nasty bug thats going around. I couldn't breath, I was coughing up a bunch of funky colored stuff, and needless to say I was in bad shape. I had Rosie take me into the E.R. to get checked out, right? They told me that I have a Sinus infection, bronchitis, and I have asthma again to boot. So they do everything that normal doctors do... Thay pocked and prodded, and checked me from head to toe, gave me a breathing treatment, some percocet, amoxicillin, a ventolin inhaler, and a hefty dose of predisone to take over five days. I figured, ok, this should kick it, and kill it. Instead of getting better, it got worse, and wed night/ thursday morning I end up back in the E.R. with the same doctor because I have been using my inhaler every four hours (once every 2-3 weeks is considered normal), along with taking all of the other stuff normally. They gave me yet another breathing treatment, a huge shot in my butt of some stronger steroids on top of the predisone that I was already taking, and switched me over to zithromax. They also told me that I couldn't goto work either yesterday (thurs) or today (friday). I called up walmart yesterday and they told me that even with the doctors note it's still unexcused, and that I can't take a leave of absense unless I'm out for 3 days or more (not including the days off in between). I called last night and talked to Judy who is the manager who originally sent me home, and told her what was going on, even though I was more or less trying to contact my actual assistant who is over me but she was the only one on duty last night. She told me to goto the doctors today, and take the paperwork for a leave of absence with me for the doctor to fill out. They also said that I have to document my asthma ( I offered the paperwork from the E.R. which says I have asthma on it to them) and a note saying that I cannot be out in the garden center anymore and that the pollens and chemicals are what is triggering my asthma. Evidently they have never been around people with asthma, because I thought it was common knowledge that things like that inflame the lungs in even a healthy adult, much less one with asthma. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe they are just trying to lead me astray, who knows? I have to call the H.R. person for my store and request the paperwork for the leave, go see the doctor, and then talk to Janice about the leave of absence I was told that she has to approve it. I tried to tell them that it is illegal for them to not excuse an absence covered by doctors notes, and yet they keep badgering me about it. Judy went as far as to tell me that I have 3 unexcused absences (all covered by a medical documentation), and that if I don't go on the leave of absence to expect to get a verbal warning when I get back to work. She also informed me that if I get a 4th absence then its a written warning, then a D-day (decision making day) on the 5th absence to decide how important it is for me to keep working there, and then on the 6th absence I lose my Job. I already mentioned that walmart is involved in the descrimination suit, I guess they aren't scared of any ramifications that would insue from them pulling illegal stuff like this. I was also informed by Judy that regardless of what the law says, they have to follow policy. Since when does a company's policy over-ride the law? Last time I looked the law said how things were supposed to be, not the companies themselves. The companies need to follow the law just like we do, or are they all of a sudden exempt?
-
June 18th, 2007, 07:15 AM
#2
HB Forum Owner
*DIE DIE DIE...WAL-MART MUST DIE*
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks